Friday, November 6, 2009

NANO: Day: 06

Why I save the scraps of dialogue I don't use.

Scrapped bits of dialogue, from early outlines. Some of the plot lines were dropped, altered, or delayed, for use later:
_____
T: Aren't you supposed to be shuffling into the mortal coil?
M: Still negotiating the whole 'don't wanna be a tortoise' thing.
T: How's that going?
M: Learning to love the lettuce.
______
T: Yeah? How many times does someone have to tell you to go to Hell before it spontaneously happens?
B: I'll be sure to let you know after I figure out the tootsie roll pop thing.
______

Maybe I can't use them now, but later, maybe I'll be able to use pieces of the exchange to punch up a scene. And if all else fails, the next time someone says I'm going to hell, I'll reference tootsie roll pops. Because who wouldn't be stopped in their tracks by that?!

Today's status bar:

No comments:

Post a Comment